Friday, April 03, 2009

Way out there

Today went way too out there.

I received an email with a serious offer of financial backing from an American investor for my bicycle products to start things off, totally gone early in the day.

Work had no show stoppers.

I played guitar really well tonight at Cafe Roma in Tempe, falling into a bunch of new variations with tomorrow a First Friday at Daniel Butterfield's place, hardwood floors and nylon string guitar mix well with the crowd that really likes what I've been able to put out lately.

Most importantly, I was able to get closer to my friends after closing up ... being a transplant, this means a lot.

Hawkie is back, a black hawk that recognizes me over the past four years at a springs I visit that's a tough 3-1/2 miles from the trailhead, she warned me about what was to come and now I'm beginning to understand, the ravens will let me know more this weekend in Inner Basin, snow climbing is getting good.

And, last week I played at Fiddler's Dream, a small coffeehouse near where I live that attracts national acts in a really small space and received really nice applause from the audience, all adding up to people simply liking what they hear, it's all too much but there's no going back now, I'm leaving behind something of myself, something you put down day by day, hour by hour following your passion, obsessing with the desire to be better, knowing it can't happen in a week or a year, not caring and instead freeing the sound from the soul to the air, to the ether, whether someone is there or not, the music flows from the heart, from the song we each must sing to find what it is that life has to battle for, to work for, to find the soul of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home